Monday, June 8, 2015

Elsa Wig Frozen - DIY


Inspiration and original instructions were found here Undomestic Goddess


Got a beanie hat at Target on clearance for $3 in white. 



Got yarn, white, any brand, I think it was called Love (use a coupon!).  


Inline image 1

Wrap it around a couple of chairs, I used chairs 40" apart.

Displaying image.png

Go around 10 times or so otherwise it will be hard to handle.  


Hold one end and cut the other end so you have 40" strands. 



I used a nylon thread.  Start sewing them down the middle like a hair part.




Displaying image.png


I used my knee and have the scars to prove it ;) keep going until you reach to where about the part ends and the back of the head begins, it will end up with a T

for the back I did something different, I got one strand of yard and draped the strand and stitched the single strand making sure to sew everything together.


a clip helped hold it in place and I did about 3 strands for the back


I used a balloon when I was done stitching and it helped with glue.

front view



That's the "T"


 got crochet needle and added short strands to front, glue or sewing is fine too



 As you pull the hair back a bit to braid you will see it come apart, glue a line on the sides and back so the hair doesn't move. Fabritac works really well


I taped the balloon to a vase to braid.





Found the tiara at Target at party favor section, painted the rhinestone blue


After braiding I glued the strands back and hid them with snowflakes


I also sprayed the whole thing with glitter fabric paint, helps keep it in place and gives it sparkle.  Make sure to keep braid low to cover hair and hat.

Glitter paper from Michaels and Martha Stewart snowflake punch




No comments:

Post a Comment