Sunday, June 7, 2015

Spinner card

Spinner card
What I used: crop a dile corner chomper (optional - I just like the rounded corners and this was the best tool for this and works on shrink plastic too), two pennies, 3d foam dots and a Paper Trey Ink die which cost $6 for a set of two a squiggle and a straight one, they measure 4.5" by 0.5"

Papertrey Ink - Movers & Shakers: Spinners Die Collection (set of 3)

Note: If you don't have a die cutting machine - no worries!  You can use a metal ruler, cutting mat and an exacto knife to cut a path, just make sure that it is slightly wider than the 3D foam dot but narrower then the penny.

Print your image twice and cut the second copy slightly smaller but make sure that your path (your spinner track) is all there, I do this because when the spinner moves I want people to continue to see the background and not a black hole!  After I cut the path with my grand calibur, I align them both to make sure the overlap works.
Ok great!  My card turned out fairly large because of the spinner length, ended up being 6" by 8".
Add the foam dots all around, be careful not to add the foam dots too close to the spinner track or the pennies will get stuck!  Put quite a bit of them around to make a sturdy card.  I cut a strip of 1/8" black cardstock and glued it to the sides like you see below, you don't have to do this, I just like to hide what is inside!

Carefully align the two sheets and press so that the stick foam adheres to it. Use wax paper under so that the foam dots don't get glued to the table since your second print is smaller.
I used a 2"circle punch for the shield and glued a penny to the back with E6000 glue but any glue will do.  I used a foam dot on the second penny and gently wedged it in.  Use a smaller foam dot if you want to make it spin faster, make sure the foam dot is about 1/8" thick so it doesn't get stuck on the sides.  stick the penny with the 2" circle on the foam dot.  Finish the card with your backing of choice.

There you have it!  A very cool spinner card!





No comments:

Post a Comment