Sunday, June 7, 2015

Sealing Quilled paper

I love quilling paper but besides cards I wasn't doing much with them until I read further and decided to make earrings and a necklace with them.  But I was afraid that the paper while fairly strong would discolor or bleed.  I used one of my items and bent a paper clip to become a dipping tool.  I used Varathane crystal clear, make sure it is water based!  I used some wax paper to cover the packing foam stand I was using for something else.  I got this large can at Home Depot for about $12.
When you dip you will notice it is very thick and white, don't worry it will dry clear!
Don't keep dipping it in or you will notice some bleeding of the color, I use Recollections cardstock paper from Michaels.
Keep helping it along with the toothpick, stick it in the little holes and keep taking the extra drippings off the bottom, let it dry for a day or so.  Keep checking on it for a couple of hours or you might end up with a blob on the bottom!

No comments:

Post a Comment